Is Altair a good fit for my child?
Altair students are…
- Intellectually curious
- Excited to learn
- Able to think conceptually
- Able to participate positively in a classroom environment
- Between ages 5 and 10 at the start of the school year
Prospective students will participate in a visit day to determine whether Altair would be a good fit for their needs.
- Attend an Information Session or contact Altair to set up an introductory meeting. (Recommended but not required.)
- Submit an Application Form along with a non-refundable $75 application fee. Please attach academic or IQ testing to your application. If you’re uncertain if a test is valid for admissions, please contact us. We also take into account school progress reports and other evaluations. If a student does not have prior testing, some schools are willing to administer standardized testing. Alternately, we can recommend local testers.
- Provide your child’s teacher and/or counselor with the Teacher Evaluation Form. The teacher will mail, email, or fax this form directly to The Altair School. This form is required for an application to be complete.
- A representative from The Altair School will contact you to schedule a time for a student visit day.
For more information or questions about admissions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.