Is Altair a good fit for my child?
Altair students are…
- Intellectually curious
- Excited to learn
- Able to think conceptually
- Able to participate positively in a classroom environment
- Between ages 5 and 10 at the start of the school year
Prospective students will participate in a visit day to determine whether Altair would be a good fit for their needs.
- Attend an Information Session or contact Altair to set up an introductory meeting. (Recommended but not required.)
- Submit an Application Form along with a non-refundable $75 application fee. Please attach academic or IQ testing to your application. If you’re uncertain if a test is valid for admissions, please contact us. We also take into account school progress reports and other evaluations. If a student does not have prior testing, some schools are willing to administer standardized testing. Alternately, we can recommend local testers.
- Provide your child’s teacher and/or counselor with the Teacher Evaluation Form. The teacher will mail, email, or fax this form directly to The Altair School. This form is required for an application to be complete.
- A representative from The Altair School will contact you to schedule a time for a student visit day.
For more information or questions about admissions, please contact email@example.com.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
The Altair School is committed to admit students of any race, color, nationality, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities made available to students at the school. Altair does not discriminate on the basis of these factors in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial award programs, or other school-administered programs.